Friday 6 December 2013

HA3 - Task 5 - Production


I decided to draw up some sketches of what I would like my character to wear e.g. John's outfitter. Also, I decided to draw a pose for John in which would be used on the front cover. I am happy with the outcome of my sketches and the pose for John Jones.





















Before I began starting my actual character. I decided to get an image of a Walking Dead character and re create it in illustrator. Here is the experimental work in which I did on illustrator. This really helped as it increased my skills on illustrator so that my actual character would be easier to do.








This is where I then stopped re creating  the image of the Walking Dead character as I needed to begin starting my actual character (John Jones)

Firstly, I got a friend to take pictures of me in different posses. here are the 3 posses I chose.




I decided to choose poss 3 as my whole body was visible and I though it was the best one. This was the pose from my sketches. After I had chosen, I decided to start removing the background on Photoshop.


Then I placed the photo on illustrator and got to work. through these images you will see my steps of the creation of my character John Jones.



 


Here is the finished piece. I am happy with this as the items e.g. cloths and accessories i said I would imply have been portrayed e.g. the black cotton shirt.

Now I had to re create a background using illustrator and Photoshop. Here is the creation of the recreated background.


Firstly, I decided to put the image on Photoshop and use the magic wand and adjustment tool to turn the sky a grey color instead of a white and blue color. This will give the image a more thriller like atmosphere.





Then I placed the image on to illustrator and started getting to work on my background. However, I changed some features in of the image e.g. added blood on the floor and got rid of the people in the alleyway.




From this point on I decided to make the alleyway look scrappy e.g. broken bricks on the floor and crooked structures on the buildings. I did this as in real life alleyways especially in New York are not crystal clear; In fact they are poor looking and dull due to bigger buildings surrounding the alley's.





Then I added my character (John Jones) to the background and then added some more effects to the background. I placed my character in to a position into which is visible than the other positions I came across. Here is the finished piece.


Overall I was very impressed with the final look and so I decided to use these pieces as my final background and my final character outlook.











No comments:

Post a Comment